Why is there no sound from my phone at all?

A

AC Question

My mother recently purchased a new phone for me. She was tired and didn't check to make sure all functions were working. Mostly the phone is alright. It seems intact. But sound doesn't work. At all. The speakers don't work (sometimes music will start and then pause or just skip songs or give me a notification saying that the DSM failed or that there was a playback error). I tried to connect corded earbuds and it didn't even register that they were connected. I got the same problems with the corded and even bluetooth earbuds. Not to mention that somehow this problem has carried on to the microphone and I can't make calls use Google Now, or even record video. The camera works normally for photos, though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Did your mother buy it used? If so, it may just be faulty or defective, and that's why the seller was trying to sell it.

Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21