Hi,
    My Samsung galaxy ace has been playing up. Both me and my daughter have one of these phones, and both are saying that our account name doesn't match with the password we gave. We know that it is correct, however, as we have signed in on our computer.
    I have tried signing in and out in the web browser on the phone. I have also unlocked captcha on the device and I have not got 2 step verification enabled

Any ideas?
    09-26-2015 02:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Where is it asking for your password? Are you setting up the phones from scratch? Or is it telling you this in the middle of normal use?

If you have 2-step authentication turned on for your Google account, turn it off temporarily and see if you can sign in.
    09-27-2015 01:56 AM
    Hi
    I had just done a factory reset on the phone, as it had an error message whenever I accessed the playstore. I have never had two step verification on
    Thanks in advance
    09-27-2015 02:34 AM
    Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Try going to the App Manager, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager. Now try again.

If that doesn't work, try going to Settings>Accounts-Google, select your Google account, and remove it completely from the phone. Then add it back again, and see if that helps.
    09-27-2015 01:11 PM
    Hi,
    I was fiddling around, and I found out I had to turn off the setting titled: allow less secure apps
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-28-2015 01:36 AM
    Glad you found it! That's an odd setting--where exactly is it in the settings menu? Also, it would seem odd to consider your Google apps "less secure."
    09-28-2015 09:41 PM