I wanted to have a second email account. On receiving my request my ISP suggested me to use short sentences as passwords for both my existing and my new account, explicitly admitting spaces and punctuation (many accounts on their servers had been hacked recently). When I finally realized that I hadn't received mails on my smartphone because it account information still had the old password I tried to feed my new creation, a short sentence with four spaces. But not only was I interrupted at every space with the same alerts that some mail servers do not accept spaces in passwords -- a very odd experience, because a person either does or does not know a password, and should never be alerted to making mistakes! -- I could also not make my entered characters visible. Sometimes you guys are a hard act to follow!
    09-26-2015 06:36 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Who is your ISP/email provider? It's odd that they would recommend a password with spaces in it--most sites don't accept spaces. Did they explicitly recommend this in a set of instructions on a webpage? If so, can you give us a link?

I've seen it recommended to create a password out of a sentence by taking the first letter of each word of the sentence, like "tqbfjotld" (The Quick Brown Fox Jumped Over The Lazy Dog). Is it possible that's what they meant?
    09-27-2015 01:17 AM