Hi,

HTC Desire 816, lollypop.

Settings - Storage - Photos & vídeos says I have 582 MB used. But I have no pictures or videos in the internal memory. I actually deleted all of them from the SD card as well after a backup just to see if this changed anything. Nopes.

I have looked in the File Manager, even showing hidden files, and I can't find those mysterious 582 MB anywhere.

I have installed a cache cleaner... Nothing changed.

Does anybody have any idea of where those mystery files are hidding?

Thanks,

Regards
    Hipo
    09-26-2015 07:29 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's probably thumbnails and the thumbnail database. The system will always generate thumbnails for things like your photo galleries, album art, etc. These get stored on the phone, and can start to take up quite a bit of space--it's not unusual for it to get to 750 MB to even over 1 GB. You can use a file manager to delete the thumbnails (the directory is usually /DCIM/.thumbnails, but be aware that the system will keep on creating and saving thumbnails.
    09-27-2015 01:06 AM
    Hi,

Thanks, yeah I had emptied that directory before as well. That brings a secondary question if there's a possibility of telling the system of generate thumbnails in the SD card.

But, anyway, for my specific problem, that isn't.... Unless, there are thumbnails in other Directory somewhere?

Regards
    Hipo
    09-27-2015 08:09 AM
    Hi,

OK, I found those files:

Android/data/com.Google.android.apps.docs/files/pinned_docs_files_do_not_edit

Inside that directory there are many directories. Each one of them contains one .jpg

If I try to open any jpg I get like an error symbol screen.

Sooooooo, the questions now are... What's really that directory?Do I have to live with it? Is there a way to clean that up?

Thanks

Hipo
    09-27-2015 08:53 AM
    Sorry, I'm not sure about that.
    09-27-2015 01:28 PM