What is this Bluetooth warning?

A

AC Question

Have an HTC one M7, running android 5.0.2. Occasionally I get a pop up from Bluetooth service saying phone is visible to other devices. Pop up goes away, but typically pops up again with a different port number. This happens at random times and when I'm not doing anything associated with Bluetooth. Have I been hacked?

Robert DeLisle

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I have bluetooth active such that my phone will interface with my car when I'm driving. This seems to work fine, but occassionally, I get this warning or infobox popping up that seems rather ominous. Maybe not so much, but it just seems uncomfortable. Here's a screen shot of what I see:

Screenshot_2015-09-26-07-11-49.jpg

Robert DeLisle

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I only see Scan, Rename this device, and Show received files. No Advanced option that I can find anywhere. I don't recall installing any 3rd party file transfer apps, but I do see Bluetooth File Transfer app installed in my list - who knew? I've just gone into the settings for that app and found an option to disable the FTP service to start automatically. We'll see if that stops it.

In a very round-about way, you have (hopefully) led me down the right path to resolve this. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non