I switched from Galaxy S5 to Note 5. Several days after the switch I used "smart switch", Samsung's app that uses wifi-direct to copy several items of your choice from the old to the new phone. At the end of the process it said something about not forgetting to turn off wifi direct. I didn't catch the entire msg. Anyway now when I got to the wifi direct tab is says your phone is visible to other phones for a wifi direct connection and keeps on looking for a device to connect to. This will probably start draining my battery. I can't seem to find any simple way to resolve this. Any help would be much appreciate it.

Thanks
    09-27-2015 09:17 AM
    I am not sure which carrier your phone is on, since each US carrier does mess around with phones in their own way. But I found this Samsung Galaxy Note5 User Guide and perhaps it will give you some direction on this.
    I am not sure which carrier your phone is on, since each US carrier does mess around with phones in their own way. But I found this Samsung Galaxy Note5 User Guide and perhaps it will give you some direction on this.
    09-27-2015 09:51 AM
    Yes thank you. I did see and read this earlier. This tells you how to connect wifi-direct to connect to another phone. It also makes me seem at as long as wifi is on, wifi direct is also on searching for a device. (I don't know if this statement is true) but this does not show how to disconnect or turn off wifi-direct once you are finished with whatever you needed to do. That is basically where I am at, at the moment.
    09-27-2015 10:29 AM