Hello all!
    I have a Galaxy S5m and Ive recently started to get the error message "insufficient device storage" or something similar to that, indicating that my phone storage is full.

I tried deleting some stuff, but there's not much there to delete. No large amounts of music, only a couple of photos, etc.

I was figuring I would do a factory reset, so I went to backup my data on the phone itself (copy and paste all the files in the "PHONE" storage, not the SD card) but I only got 700MB out of it.
    When viewing the phone itself in Windows, it says I have 590MB free of 6.7GB.
    Are there some files that are hidden, that I cant back up? What's going on here? If I save all the files I can see in my phone, will I be okay just restoring the files once I do a factory reset?

I figure ill have to re-download apps, but that's what I want. I want to kind of get a clean slate, as far as my phone is concerned, but still have access on my computer to some valuable files.

Thanks in advance!
    09-27-2015 01:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! By S5m, do you mean a Galaxy S5 Mini?

The majority of the internal storage is probably taken up by installed apps. How many apps have you tried uninstalling?
    09-27-2015 05:06 PM