hello all

I have problems with the speaker of my S5 g900f - it's not giving any sound. I tried already a new speaker - not working. I changed the USB dock connector flex board - still not working. I reset the hold phone (including cache partition) - still not working.

I suspected the speaker itself and connected it to an S4, and gee - there it was working. So the problem is on the motherboard i believe. or still the software? Does anybody have an idea to fix this issue? everything else is working fine, i dont want to buy a new logic board just because of this.

Thank you very much
    t
    09-27-2015 02:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did the speaker work before, and then suddenly stopped working? If so, I'd suspect a motherboard issue. You could boot into Safe Mode to exclude the possibility that a 3rd party app is causing interference: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10696

Any water exposure in the recent past?
    09-27-2015 04:58 PM
    Dear B. Diddy,

thank you very much for your quick answer. I tried the safe mode - but still, the speaker is not giving any sound.

According to the previous owner the phone fell on the floor. he didnt say anything about a water damage. strange enough, all other functions are working just perfect. one would believe that something like that analogue speaker connection would be the last thing in a phone like that to get damaged.

do you have any other suggestions? laying the logic board in alcohol? or putting it into the oven? or is the speaker connection maybe somehow visible on the board?

thanks again

t
    09-29-2015 04:21 AM
    That's getting beyond my pay grade. I certainly would suspect the drop is the reason, but I wouldn't know exactly why.
    09-29-2015 10:52 PM