Location, Google Maps, always shows me as across the street, when I'm home

A

AC Question

I've read multiple threads exploring similar issues, but none with resolution. The problem has existed, for me, across at least four GS5s (VZW warranty replacements) and two Droid RAZR MAXXs before them, so I doubt that it's a device problem.

I have:
• Google's Location Accuracy and Wi-Fi both enabled
• tried 'tuning' the GPS with multiple apps
• performed multiple 'factory resets'
• both my Home and Work locations, in GMaps, set to the same/correct address
• a home address in Manhattan
• a VZW-service Samsung Galaxy S5, Android v5.0 (+ a couple of VZW's 'adjustment' updates = most current available OS)

…and still my device(s – never more than one at a time) constantly shows me on the correct street, but at building #135, when I'm actually across the street, at #144.

I've wondered whether the problem might be related to competition with/between infrastructure Wi-Fi broadcast transmitters, one, an access point described as "in the basement at #144", and the other across the street, at a large City gov't services facility. The Wi-Fi SSID from #144 basement recently stopped appearing in my Wi-Fi selector window.

Any information or evaluation/test suggestions appreciated. I recognize that this is not as critical for me as some issues are, for others, but hope that these specifics and details may be useful in identifying the underlying problem, and therefore beneficial to others with similar problems that are more disruptive.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What happens if you change your Location Services to GPS only (i.e., without the assistance of wi-fi and mobile signal)?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm