Hey yall,
    I am having issues with my nexus 5. A while ago I had dropped it and the screen shattered so I replaced the Digitizer, LCD,and frame. I had to do this twice as the first was faulty. The second time around I think I may have damaged my battery i saw it bend and there was a tiny rip in the electrical tape. As I am writing this I am smelling the battery.funky. I had previously put electrical tape on it where the rip was.

The issue with my phone is that sometimes it will work just fine and other times the screen will go black will only the led working. It will still get calls, and I know it will get things like emails and text messages because of the led light. Sometimes if I hold down the power button and the bottom volume button it will send me to a reboot screen. Then, I will restart it and it will work for a while again. I can never tell how long it will work for as it isn't consistent.

I am not sure that it is a backlight issue as the screen works some of the time.

I should also note that I am not running stock android and that my headset speaker did not work after i changed it over to the new housing.
    Any help is truly appreciated
    09-27-2015 09:17 PM
    That smell, the brown smell........... it's not good. Something has overvolted. I'm guessing the motherboard is starting to have issues. It could also be a sketchy connection. If you are up to replacing that, then that would be my next move, however, once you have that smell it's not good

I could be wrong though, hopefully someone else has a better answer.
    09-28-2015 03:05 AM