Hi everyone,

I know there are a million battery questions, but I've still go to ask.

I've got several Nexus devices, the 5, 7, 9 and 10. The 5, 7, and 9 have 3G/LTE whereas the 10 is Wifi only.

I recently went on a 3 week vacation, and left the Nexus 10 on the coffee table, and it had already been 1 week on standby. Upon my return, I was completely shocked to find that it was still on, and with 55% battery life remaining! It was not in airplane mode, and apps were still open (Chrome, Gmail, Hangouts, Wikipedia, Youtube, Yatse). Basically this is a device that probably has 6 weeks standby time. The Battery app claims it still has 31 days to go. I am aware that the N10 has the largest battery of all.

However, on all my other devices, I can barely get 3-4 days of standby time, even in airplane mode. Proportionally this does not make sense.

Does the cellular adapter affect it that much? I would have thought that airplane mode would turn the adapter off.

It is very annoying to have to recharge these devices all the time, even if they have had their screens and wifi/4G off.

I compare apps/settings on my N9 and N10, the N10 has about 10 more apps. Settings appear to all be the same, at least looking at the major ones. I found that "Interruptions" was set to Always on the N9 but on the N10 was set to Don't Interrupt, so I tried changing that.

I've spent a lot of time in the past with apps to log deep sleep (BetteryBatteryStats, etc), unlocking, rooting just to allow them to work, but to be really honest I've really had it with trying to dissect why battery life is so poor. Like everyone else I spent so much money on the devices I just want them to work as advertised.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with wifi only devices? Any feedback would be great.
    09-28-2015 08:48 AM
    Sorry, should have logged in for the post above.

Just wanted to add something here. With BetterBatteryStats installed on the N9, the device IS in DeepSleep >85% of the time. I know I've had issues there before, and I did confirm in fact that it is in DeepSleep. Thanks.
    09-28-2015 09:02 AM