Looking for some recommendations for a handset.

jleebiker

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Background: I got a Kyocera Brigadier SPECIFICALLY since it was a ruggedized phone (MIL-STD, waterproof, shockproof, sweatproof) and I didn't have to buy a case for it.
Initial testing showed it was going to fit my lifestyle very well. Over time though, as I've added more things to it, the battery life has gotten shorter and shorter. I use Battery Doctor to manage background apps. I use IFFF to turn off WiFi automatically. I have the screensaver set to kick in after 1 min. Even with all these things, I am still getting less than 12 hours battery life, sometimes less than 10 hours.

I've noticed it gets pretty warm at times (105 degrees+) which doesn't help.

As much as it pains me, I think I need a handset that has a longer battery life and bite the bullet and get a case. I'm looking at the Moto Turbo or Moto Maxx. Anyone have any other suggestions or recommendations? I'd really like to keep the Brigadier if I can extend the battery life.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The battery may be starting to show it's age. Also, have you considered getting rid of the battery saver app? If it is killing apps, then Android might be bringing them back (equating to battery power used as it is using processing power to do this) and the battery saving app is killing it, and the process starts over.

jleebiker

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
The battery may be starting to show it's age. Also, have you considered getting rid of the battery saver app? If it is killing apps, then Android might be bringing them back (equating to battery power used as it is using processing power to do this) and the battery saving app is killing it, and the process starts over.

It should be a brand new battery. It was a factory replacement. How can I find out?

What you're saying makes sense. I'll uninstall and see how it does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair