I have been at work for only 4 hours and my phone is at 39%. I've sent about 10 text messages and other than that I haven't touched my phone. I turn the wi-fi off because it goes in and out and kills my battery more. Other than my wi-fi being off, I turn off my location, and turn my screen brightness down to try to save battery life.

I wake up and shower and come back to a 94% battery when I haven't even touched my phone other than turning my alarm off.

Another thing, I will be around a 15-25% battery left and i unlock my phone and it automatically dies.

What could be making it die so fast?? And how can I solve this? I don't want to really spend money on a new battery when one of the reasons I got the phone was because it had such a "great and long battery life."
    09-28-2015 10:41 AM
    Welcome.

Use the phone normally for a day, and before you need to recharge, make a screenshot of your battery usage stats, in Settings, Battery. If you can, touch the battery graph to expand it....that will tell us about Signal and Awakes. Make a screenshot of that too. Post the screenshots here, and we'll attempt a diagnosis, and hopefully, suggest a fix.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-28-2015 12:11 PM
    Here is my battery usage. It it at 11% so will be dying any second instead of waiting to send these to you this evening after I will have to recharge it
    Attached Thumbnails Why is my battery life draining so fast on the Samsung Galaxy Alpha?-screenshot_2015-09-28-13-49-42.png   Why is my battery life draining so fast on the Samsung Galaxy Alpha?-screenshot_2015-09-28-13-47-08.png  
    09-28-2015 12:55 PM
    Wondering if you ever solved your battery life problem. You posted the requested info, but seems there was no [public] response.

I'm suffering fast battery drain on my Galaxy S3 recently (within the past week). Haven't added any new apps, and am not using it any differently than before. The battery was previously lasting all day (7am to 7pm) under fairly heavy use (calls, texts, flashlight, photos... every day). Have been using an extended 4500mAH battery for some time. My phone charged all night, to 100%, and I unplugged it at about 7am. By 9am, I was under 20% power, but hadn't done anything with the phone (am on vacation this week, at home, with normal WiFi access).

Why is my battery life draining so fast on the Samsung Galaxy Alpha?-2015-10-22-15.13.10.png

Why is my battery life draining so fast on the Samsung Galaxy Alpha?-2015-10-22-14.32.47.png

If I had to guess (which apparently I do have to), I'd think that some app got an update which isn't playing nice with the phone. I'm surprised that the screen shows up as being such a big user, as the time-out for the screen is the same as it has always been, about 15 seconds.

This shouldn't be about fixing a little battery leak; getting a 10% improvement isn't what I'm trying to do. I should be able to continue using the phone as I have been: WiFi on, location on, Bluetooth on, make calls and send texts and take pictures... and the phone should last longer than a few hours before hitting the warning level. Considering that I wasn't using the phone for anything during this time period, this is crazy.

Thoughts?
    10-22-2015 04:52 PM