Why are non-existent "photos" using storage space in my Ace II?

A

AC Question

Hi, everyone,

My Galaxy Ace II phone keeps telling me I'm running out of space and need to delete files. While a lot of it is applications, some is photos. I've tried to fix this by moving all my photos to "extSdCard" but the space is still being used somehow. ExtSDCard is almost completely empty.

Also, when I click on "Gallery" (the link with the yellow flower) I immediately get a message that says "There is not enough space (23 MB) in your device memory. Delete some files." I don't get this when I click on Photos (the 4-colour pinwheel).

The Storage Truth app says /system has used 1011M and has 170m free; and used 1.18G data and has 270M free.

Can anyone tell me (in very simple language) how to clear up this photo space? Also, any other suggestions re how to free up space (other than clearing the cache for each individual app) would be very helpful.

Thank you!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Some of that photo storage might be due to thumbnails. Use a file manager and look for the /DCIM/.thumbnails folder (you may have to turn on Show Hidden Files/Folders). Check the Properties of that folder--how big is it? You could try deleting it, but thumbnails will be created again by the system (since they're used for the Gallery, album art, etc.).

See this guide for some tips on how to maximize your Internal Storage: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12