Playing card symbols (Spades, Hearts, Diamonds, Clubs) missing from display

A

AC Question

The website bridgewinners . com is a forum-style site dedicated to posts about the card game bridge. Forum members post hands using a hand generator tool built into the site. When I view the site on my android phone the card symbols do not appear in the hand diagrams (although they do appear in text outside the hand diagrams). Note that I do NOT have this problem if I use the stock web browser. I use a Samsung S5 with Android version 5.0.2

Jack Sheet

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I don't know how to identify the name of the stock browser that is bundled with the Samsung S5. The icon is a blue earth-like globe and it is just called "Internet".

www.androidcentral.com/inside-samsung-browser

I have since tried with Chrome, and the suit symbols show up just fine. So far it is only Dolphin that presents the problem.

May I add that I find this site a bit unintuitive? Apparently I need to log in to a registered account in order to post, but I can start a new thread as an unregistered guest (which is what I did). But there is no log-in prompt anywhere on the page - just a create new account button. And if I click on Reply, it takes me to the Create Account page. Oh well, got there eventually. Thanks for taking an interest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how to identify the name of the stock browser that is bundled with the Samsung S5. The icon is a blue earth-like globe and it is just called "Internet".

www.androidcentral.com/inside-samsung-browser

I have since tried with Chrome, and the suit symbols show up just fine. So far it is only Dolphin that presents the problem.

May I add that I find this site a bit unintuitive? Apparently I need to log in to a registered account in order to post, but I can start a new thread as an unregistered guest (which is what I did). But there is no log-in prompt anywhere on the page - just a create new account button. And if I click on Reply, it takes me to the Create Account page. Oh well, got there eventually. Thanks for taking an interest.
So is your issue solved since the symbols are visible on the stock browser and on Chrome?

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

JackSheet

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
The problem goes away if I use either the stock app or Chrome.
But that is not the point of the thread.
I raised it in order to bring it to the attention of Dolphin developers.
Just because I have a workaround I do not consider it "solved", as I prefer to use Dolphin if possible.