Will Samsung Galaxy S6 Active get Android 5.1.1 update

A

AC Question

Since AT&T started pushing Android 5.1.1 update to Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge, will Samsung Galaxy S6 Active also get updated to Android 5.1.1?.

theShiz

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Since AT&T started pushing Android 5.1.1 update to Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge, will Samsung Galaxy S6 Active also get updated to Android 5.1.1?.

I'm "assuming" it will based on what I've read about the S5 Active. It received the same S5 updates a few weeks later. I really hope so. I'd really like to try Samsung Pay. Something needs to happen with an update soon. I don't know what's up with my S6A lately with lag. It's been responding so slow to input that it's almost mind boggling. I keep deleting apps, shutting down apps that I don't use but can't disable like S Search, Music and other Samsung apps and that's helps a little. I really like the phone but that's been driving me nuts lately. Only had it for 2 months maybe too.

Posted via the GS6 Active, aka GS6 M.E. (Manly Edition)

DroidFromVA

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
The S6 Active is getting Android 6.0 next year. No confirmation of 5.1.1 coming down the line at this time, but 6.0 is now being tested with the phone on AT&T's network. Samsung Pay will not work on the phone any time soon because it does not have the MST emitter - which all other Samsung Pay phones have - but Samsung will likely enable Samsung Pay next year, with the 6.0 update, which should land in the Spring, when the new Samsung phones are announced.