HTML5 websites making my phone vibrate

A

AC Question

Some popups on websites when opened in chrome use the Vibrate API in HTML5, is there anyway to stop this on the phone?

I don't want to turn off vibrate completely, just not allow websites access to the vibrate function!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Some popups on websites when opened in chrome use the Vibrate API in HTML5, is there anyway to stop this on the phone?

I don't want to turn off vibrate completely, just not allow websites access to the vibrate function!

Welcome to Android Central!

I have been using Firefox browser with the AdBlock Plus add on. Chrome has gone down in performance for me.

ChristoNewzo

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Chrome developers must have addressed the problem...

Click the 3 dots in top right of Chrome browser.

Next, click on -

-Settings

-Site setting

-Notifications

Finally, uncheck the box marked "vibrate"

Done.

hp79

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen to me several times in the past and always looked in the permission settings in Android but couldn't find it. Now I see that it's actually in the Chrome's settings.

This setting (notification disabled) should be the default for Chrome.. I don't understand why they allow a web browser to vibrate the phone by default.

Anyways I moved on to iOS and only using Android for few other things now. I hope Google fixes this in their Chrome browser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca