I am going absolutely out of my mind over this. Over the last few months, I have spent countless hours trying to get my phone to stop bringing back deleted photos and to stop making back-ups of my photos. I have read every post on the subject at this website. I have disabled Picasa, turned off sync, turned off auto-backup, and am using the simpler version of Google Plus (just Photos, I guess it's called).

I have a baby and take dozens of pictures of her a day. Most are blurry because she's always moving. When I have some free time, I go through and delete most of them. This takes effort and time - time I don't have very much of, what with work and school and a baby. Then they inevitably show up again, hundreds of them, and my phone tells me I'm running out of storage space and it stops functioning and all of my hard work is undone. I feel like I am spending my life deleting photos so that my phone can work, and then sorting and sorting and sorting (as they come back out of order, too - wonderful).

If it is relevant, I have an LG Tribute.

HELP!
    09-29-2015 07:33 PM
    Hi - don't look at the Google Photos app as a gallery, or somewhere to view the photos on your phone - this is a cloud storage app, photos you take on your phone are backed up to Google Photos.

Do you have a gallery app on your phone, if so use this to view your pictures, delete from here etc.

If you go into the Google Photos app, swipe right to get the hidden menu, go to settings, select backup & sync and make sure it's turned off.
    09-30-2015 02:52 AM