Google Photos Backup & Sync was enabled on my wife's Nexus 5. I set it up for her to use High Quality backups only over WiFi. Things were working fine, but sometime this month the photos stopped backing up. When I checked her settings, it seemed like Auto Backup was set to Off. I moved the slider to turn it back on, but when I exit the settings and go back into them, backup has been turned off again.
    09-30-2015 12:13 AM
    This was my own question but I found a solution. I had to clear cache and data for both Google Play Services and Google Photos. After this, I went back into the Photos app and it was reset as if I had installed the app for the first time. I was able to properly set my backup settings. The app proceeded to "backup" my 2000+ photos, but I think really it just checked everything as a duplicate so no actual re-uploading had occurred.
    10-01-2015 01:28 AM
    I've been trying to sort this out for a while too. Won't clearing Play Services data cause problems elsewhere? My issue is that all my photos are being backed up straight away using up my mobile data.
    10-05-2015 07:48 AM