Note 4 latest system update ' Contact List is being updated'

A

AC Question

I updated the Samsung Note 4 last night to the latest update not sure which one it is. After the update my Contact List is being Updated for over 12 hours now!! No sign of it updating. I have tried the following:
- Deleting google account and adding it in
- Force stopping, disabling, clearing cache and data for Contacts and Contact Strorage
- Wiping out partial cache
- Rebooting numerous times
- Battery Pull
- etc. etc. to no avail

PLEASE HELP!!! as my work depends on my contacts!!

Dru419

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here after updating to 5.1.1 last night. Here's the fix:

1. Go to settings
2. Applications
3. Application manager
4. Look for contacts and contacts storage
5. Clear data and cache for both contact and contacts storage
6. Go back to your contacts icon. They should all be there now

Let me know if this resolves it. It worked for me.

Good luck!

Posted via the Android Central App

Royalspiffy

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Dru419 for specific solution.

Your fix worked fine. "Contact List is being updated" finally comes to an end. Only the contacts associated with the 'profile email id' displayed smoothly, thereby ending the several days' headache. Contacts from various email ids did not sync.

Abid Rahman

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Here is what worked for me for the same issue on my LG G4 after Marshmallow update after hours of trial and error:
1. Make sure you are on WiFi
2. Put the phone on Airplane mode
3. Disable/Unsync Google contacts under "Settings->Accounts->Google-> Contacts Sync"
4. inside the Account and Sync settings, remove all accounts, like Google, Facebook, LG, Gmail, Skype
5. Clear Cache and Data of Contacts under "Settings->General->Apps->Contacts->storage"
6. Clear Cache and Data of Gmail under "Settings->General->Apps->Gmail->storage"
7. Clear Cache and Data of Google under "Settings->General->Apps->Google->storage"
8. In the same way go through each app in the list and clear cache and also data if the data for the that app is something you can get rid of
9. Turn off Airplane mode
10. Add back Google account under Settings->General->Account and Sync
11. Enable /Sync Google Contacts under "Settings->Accounts->Google-> Contacts Sync"
12. Now your Contact Apps will have all the local and Google/Gmail contacts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech