I had an iPhone and I had changed to a Sony Xperia. The images on iPhone are stored under over 30 files on my Sony Xperia. So when I enter Gallery, I need to go further to a file to browse images. This is however solved by a file named "all images" in the photo gallery.

However now I moved to the Moto X Style, under the Gallery, I have more than 50 files. This is quite annoying since I just want to browse my images in the same palce, ordered by time.

Imaging I want to find a photo from one month ago, now I have to know which file it is in (tumblr, download, photoshop, etc). The worse is that there are more than 20 files with name beyond understanding.

Could anyone tell me whether it is possible to browse all images ordered by time in the gallery (native solution)? Or I need to use some other apps (this is quite annoying given the photo gallery is a basic/important functionality)?
    09-30-2015 03:06 AM
    Hi - yes I see what you are saying, the Gallery app in my Moto X only has the option to view the camera roll or folders - which isn't ideal for you if you have a tone of folders.

You have a couple of options,

1) Download a 3rd party gallery app from the playstore like - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...layvr&hl=en_GB

2) Use Google Photos app - this will arrange all your photos into date order, plus it backs them up, which will prevent them from getting lost.

3) last option would be to connect your phone to a laptop / pc - open the file manager and manually move all your photos into the gallery folder (DCIM)
    Ran_2015 likes this.
    09-30-2015 03:56 AM
    Thank you. I am just surprised that the native gallery is so-not friendly. Given the lack of trust in 3rd party apps and the lack of trust in cloud-storage (as apple users have their private photos leaked from i-cloud last year), I will go with option 3.
    Cheers
    09-30-2015 04:15 AM
    Thank you. I am just surprised that the native gallery is so-not friendly. Given the lack of trust in 3rd party apps and the lack of trust in cloud-storage (as apple users have their private photos leaked from i-cloud last year), I will go with option 3.
    Cheers
    Yeah I was a little surprised by the lack of features in the app, as well as the camera app it'self. Option 3 is probably the safest way if you don't trust the cloud storage. p.s. welcome to Android Central forums
    09-30-2015 04:23 AM
    Just to make this thread with a bit more value, I have asked 3 people around and found out (sorry for ignoring the exact model):

LG: same as my Moto X Style, meaning no "All" file
    Samsung: there is a file named "Date" and all images are ordered by date there
    Sony: there is a "All images" file
    Nexus: there is a "Photo" file containing all (so as my friend claimed)
    10-01-2015 05:14 AM