I'm thinking about getting the Tab A as it fits in my budget. I realize it's not great in the resolution department, would it make a good budget friendly tablet for movies and web browsing?

Also if anyone has purchased one from Costco, did you have any trouble with getting it registered? (some reason I've heard it's harder as it's 32 gb model)
    09-30-2015 08:34 AM
    The screen resolution is "low" by modern standards, but its identical to the original Apple iPad.
    My wife got a Tab-A 9.7"
    She had an iPad, and a 10" ASUS tablet.

Comparison:
    • Apple iPad: great power management. Battery lasts days on standby. Crashes frequently, but restarts fast (crashes on every Facebook video, every time). Wireless SW is the worst ever inflicted on the public. If it sees more than a few hot-spots it gets terminally confused and will not connect.
    • ASUS 10" tablet: was a good machine. A touch slow. Battery life was terrible.
    • Samsung Galaxy Tab A: Screen resolution officially LOW but screen is so bright and contrast so good you likely won't notice. Performance is amazing. Stability: its rock solid. Battery life: possibly better than the iPad. Goes for days on a charge.

If you're on a budget, the Tab A is an incredible buy, runs Netflix seamlessly, Youtube, all the important stuff. AND it comes with MS Office, which works great with the stylus (that the others don't have). Especially handy on large spreadsheets (she uses it for inventory at work ... her employer is considering buying the Tab-A for every store now because of the stylus and Excel).

I hope that helps.
    10-27-2015 04:04 PM