How can I retrieve data off of my phone with a broken screen? (Huawei P7)

A

AC Question

Hi there,

If anyone can help me in any way, it would be greatly appreciated! I have a Huawei P7. Last weekend I spilt a small amount of liquid on my phone. I immediately dried it but later when I tried to switch it on, the screen was completely black. The phone still makes noises, I can hear my messages coming through and it rings if you call it. The screen is just completely blank. I have no password set on the phone (was just swipe to unlock). I don't know if debugging is enabled or not. The phone has a (what I think is) security setting, that when you plug the phone into a computer, the phone asks what "type"of connection you want to have with the computer (i.e. charge only, transfer files etc). Now, when I plug the phone into the computer, the computer recognizes that there is a device connected, it makes the sound and it asks if I want to scan the device. However, it does not show under "my computer"at all. I think the reason for this is due to that "safety"setting on the phone. Is there any way at all that I can get around this? I have read numerous forums, none of which can give me a clear answer. I have also tried downloading all sorts of software to retrieve data but none have worked so far. Please help!

- and I know about backing up, we all should do it, however I failed to do so. It is a big lesson for next time but if I can retrieve my pictures and videos, I will be eternally grateful.

Thank you

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello.
I was tempted to get a P7 last week but had car repairs :(

That's really unfortunate if you only dropped a little liquid on it.
Normally the correct first thing to do is to extract the battery and sim sd cards and bathe in Isopropyl Alcohol to remove impurities that can cause short circuiting. The P7 is sealed I think. Also drying in rice for a few days is what a lot of people do, but it won't clear what has dried onto the motherboard.
Also, sadly, the worst thing you can do is turn it back on or charge it for a few days. Not many know this, and we panic when it happens and forget everything. (I did, but my Samsung survived a toilet anyway because a case covered the ports).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=477140

Have a read of Rukbat's guide above, and ask further there.

You may be still able to clean it with a few baths in Isopropyl Alcohol.

Meanwhile, it may become recognised again on the pc. Had you downloaded Huawei / Honor software for the pc drivers. Usually on Android phones, when you plug it into a pc port - the notification panel asks if you want to connect it as an MTP or PTP device (Media transfer or Photo transfer protocol).
Since Android 4.4 I think, the computer sees the device as a Portable Media Player.
If you can open for folders on the P7, the DCIM folder would have your photos to drag across.
Have you looked in your Google acct and Google Photos anyway?

They are normally syncing by default. Good luck.

tasnim sami

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with huawei p7 the screen is not broken and not wet but suddenly turned black i can her thesounds of msgs and calls and a light appears when its charging i tried to open the front cover and i saw a thing thats broken at the downward portion of the mobile,is this something to do ith the screen or the motherboard ?? i have alot of imp info on my mob can i retrieve it by any way without accessing to my mob?? PLEASE HELP!!!!