08-15-2016 05:49 AM
34 12
tools Reply
    it keeps popping up and stops any activity going on in my phone.
    10-01-2015 04:52 AM
    Hello, welcome to the forums!

Which device do you have? There are several reports about this same issue. For some people it's related to a couple of apps (virus?), Monkey Test and Time Service. Do you have them installed?
    10-02-2015 10:14 AM
    i have the same issue. Monkey Test and Time Service are also installed on my phone. I keep on uninstalling them but every time i connect on the internet, it will just automatically install on my phone. I'm using Cherry Mobile H400 Android 4.2.1. I also have a problem with the "security plug-in" . I can't deactivate it on my phone. It keeps on popping up.
    10-02-2015 07:00 PM
    Hello msana, welcome to the forums!

There's a long thread with different fixes for that problem. Worth a read.

What is monkey test & time service?

Some people managed to remove those two apps, tell us how it goes for you.
    lephils likes this.
    10-03-2015 06:02 AM
    Hi,

I am using Android 4.2.1 - Jelly bean - It automatically somehow has installed monkey test and time service. and after repetitive un-installation, it again gets automatically installed and now it is popping other msgs like- 1. unfortunately pro has stopped, 2. unfortunately measure has stopped,3. unfortunately adobe has stopped !! i am fed-up of such msgs.. and automatically a few programs are starting to run n due to this, my phone is getting hanged or heating up.
    I have tried every antivirus but all in vain !! I have many a personal data which cannot be compromised at all. PLEASE HELP Javier !!
    10-14-2015 12:08 AM
    Hi, welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately there's not an easy way to remove these apps/virus as you have seen in the thread I linked. It seems you've tried different things that didn't work and even a factory reset wasn't enough for some people. Check which apps are listed as device administrators in your security settings.

Just in case I could try this. Boot your phone in safe mode, uninstall again Monkey Test, Time service and any memory booster, task killer or cleaner app that you installed previously. Still on safe mode make sure that "unknown sources" is unchecked in your security settings. Also select never auto update in the Play Store settings.

Reboot your phone normally. If the problem persists you should consider a factory reset. Just make sure you have a backup of everything you don't want to lose.

Good luck and tell us how it goes.

Edit. Which device do you have?
    10-14-2015 08:45 AM
    Gusto KO mawala n 2ng unfortunately monkey test has stopped

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-18-2015 02:58 AM
    got same issue i did try already factory reset . I even did tha safe mode and removal of the suspected virus or malware but it is still the same " unfortunately, measure has stoppe'' still popping up..what do i need to do?????
    10-18-2015 04:22 PM
    Hi,

I am using Android 4.4.4 - Jelly bean - It automatically somehow has installed monkey test and time service. and after repetitive un-installation, it again gets automatically installed and now it is popping other msgs like- 1. unfortunately pro has stopped, 2. unfortunately measure has stopped,3. unfortunately adobe has stopped !! i am fed-up of such msgs.. and automatically a few programs are starting to run n due to this, my phone is getting hanged or heating up.
    when i switch on the mobile data or wifi network an automatically strucked.. pls help me
    10-20-2015 01:27 AM
    I have the same problem in my tecno m6.. i have tried the options you explained in your previous comments but i still get the same message... is hard reset the only remaining option?
    10-20-2015 01:28 AM
    i have tried factory reset and yet it is still showing the same thing..please what should i do next?
    10-20-2015 07:10 PM
    Settings choose apps, then you choose apps that have a problem and you can " force stop" or "disable" this item on your smartphone. Hope it works!!
    10-20-2015 08:25 PM
    Hello every one. Newbie here. Just want to share my experience with that. I just uninstalled all that but still it just installing them back then i agree for the google security then this problem like measure has stopped mobile ocr has stoped system info has stoped cat studio has stopped then what i do as temporary treatment i force stop all those things in app manager and disable them and success no more stopped issue. Just try it and i guarantee no stopping issues hehe. Sorry for my bad english
    10-22-2015 02:25 PM
    Hi, i am using a Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo Plus an i have this Error which is popping up on my phone that says Unfortunately Measure has stopped and and my full phone is getting hanged and and it normaly happens when i put on the wifi or internet.
    10-22-2015 11:46 PM
    yes, i have them installed
    10-23-2015 10:32 PM
    im working on it , you sholuld download the stock firmware of your device and install it on your phone then the problem should stop
    10-24-2015 07:59 AM
    Hello, welcome to the forums!

Which device do you have? There are several reports about this same issue. For some people it's related to a couple of apps (virus?), Monkey Test and Time Service. Do you have them installed?
    10-24-2015 02:50 PM
    tecno f7
    10-24-2015 02:52 PM
    I am one f the android users having these problems with measure has stopped, adobe air has stopped, and have tried the same fixes like force stopping the app, disabling it and resetting the phone,the memory card. i even tried formatting both memories all t no avail I am using a Sky mobile device with kitkat
    10-25-2015 02:06 AM
    but my huawei y 511 not showing Monkey test or time service
    10-25-2015 05:29 AM
    not working these steps..
    10-26-2015 01:58 PM
    Please help me as I am having trouble with this two things unfortunately measure and moblieocr has stopped...what should I do with it.?
    10-29-2015 07:52 AM
    If none of the suggested remedies described above works, I don't know that we have anything more to offer at the present time, alas. It may be worth contacting whoever has put those apps on your phone - manufacturer, retailer or carrier - and insisting that they fix the problem.
    Javier P likes this.
    10-29-2015 08:37 AM
    it keeps popping up and stops any activity going on in my phone.
    1) Try to figure out what app caused the malware to be introduced...

2) Find the best method to do a full factory reimage of your phone. A factory reset will not fix the problem as offending app puts some stuff in the system area, which will be immune to any factory reset. The steps to flash a factory image is highly dependant on the make and model of your phone.
    Javier P and Golfdriver97 like this.
    10-29-2015 08:54 AM
    I have a request for a running list of possible apps that load this: Measure, Monkey Test, and Time Service
    Javier P likes this.
    10-29-2015 09:23 AM
34 12