Contact sync with facebook no longer working. What did I break?

A

AC Question

I was downloading 3rd party contact & dialer applications to see if there was something I'd prefer to the stock applications in Lollipop. After downloading, testing, and uninstalling maybe 3 different dialer/contact applications, contact sync with my primary facebook account no longer works. I have logged in with another account and it works fine, so it's not the application itself, it appears to be my FB account or the way my phone is seeing the account.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the FB application, have done a full factory reset and still have the same results. In account management, it says that contacts are synced but they are not showing. I'm at a loss. I've posted the problem with Facebook's help center but obviously that has gone nowhere.

johnnydaytona675

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I tried forcing the sync with the account settings both through "Settings --> Accounts" as well as accessing it through Contacts. It has sync contacts checked and says that it's synced however it is not pulling data from FB.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I tried forcing the sync with the account settings both through "Settings --> Accounts" as well as accessing it through Contacts. It has sync contacts checked and says that it's synced however it is not pulling data from FB.

Let me find a thread about this, you can read about it. I was able to help someone get it working the other day. You need to find a version 27 Facebook apk though, and start with that version first.

johnnydaytona675

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Awesome thanks, I'll try this. Question thought, would this explain why the "Sync" option is available within the FB application with one account but not another? The FB account I was logged in with while testing the 3rd party dialers is the one not syncing, however my old account that I re-activated to test this has the "sync" option within the app and syncs up fine.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Awesome thanks, I'll try this. Question thought, would this explain why the "Sync" option is available within the FB application with one account but not another? The FB account I was logged in with while testing the 3rd party dialers is the one not syncing, however my old account that I re-activated to test this has the "sync" option within the app and syncs up fine.

No.

This is what Facebook does and this comes from me being a Beta Facebook tester for about two years..

When Facebook rolls out some features, they don't do them by app version, they are handled on the server end. So while one might have a certain feature, someone with the same app version won't have that feature.

This sync enable could be one of those type of features, they could be adding it back on the server end.

Or it could be an app thing and people have different versions of the app.

Mike17809

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I've been syncing with my Galaxy S3 to face book for years. Then 2 weeks ago it stopped syncing. I called my phone service provider and they directly connected to my cell phone. I was told there is nothing wrong with the phone. But apparently Facebook just upgraded to handle the new Android software, Lollipop. I have Kit Kat on my phone. I was told Samsung is not allowing the Lollipop software on the S3. Only the newer phones will run it. So without this new Android software, I will longer be able to sync to Facebook.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87