Samsung Galaxy S6 telling me dock is connected when NOTHING is attached

A

AC Question

This is the second Galaxy S6 in 5 months that is constantly doing the same exact things:
1. tells me that the dock is connected when NOTHING is connected
2. Constantly tries to download the GEAR VR program, I do not own a GEAR VR, which then freezes my phone.
3. I can only charge when plugged into a computer, will not charge when plugged into the wall, and yes, I went to Best Buy to the Samsung Experience shop and they gave me a brand new charger...no change
4. Will not link with my computer, and I know it is not MY computer because while at Best Buy it would not link to theirs either.
I have contacted both Samsung and AT&T and they are blaming each other, of course, and now after 5 months of this going on, they are telling me it has something to do with the Android system...anyone?? I am getting sooooo frustrated with this whole ordeal. Additionally, while speaking with both Samsung and AT&T I informed them that I have video recordings of what exactly my phone is doing but they have no way of viewing said videos...really? Has anyone heard of any of these issues. I have done a factory reset and reinstalled my apps one by one, day by day to try and rule it out, but still after installing about 6 apps, the phone continues to act up.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're keeping the phone in a pocket, I suspect some conductive dirt in your pocket is causing a short in the charging port. That would account for at least a few of the problems, if not all of them.

Loquacious1985

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with the VR Gear Registration prompt continually popping up. Last night my S6 Edge started voice prompting me to download the appropriate apps which was creepy to say the least. I've tried uninstalling and disabling all of the related apps. No help. It also tells me I'm docked when I'm not. It's ridiculous! Brand new flagship phone! Someone must have something to help!

Last edited: