My phone will not charge and all it does is buzzes twice every few minutes

A

AC Question

I bought my phone about 3 months ago and it had been working perfectly fine. However, on the day before yesterday the phone appeared to lag more than it usually does but I didn't pay much attention to it. Later on in the evening I noticed that the battery was not reducing and it remained constantly at 50%, despite me having watched at least an hour of youtube on it.

Later, when I was watching some videos online, the phone suddenly turned off - I thought it was because I had used up all the battery, so I plugged it into the main using the original cable and charger, but the phone would not charge and the little light on the top right of the phone did not come on; all the phone would do is buzzes every few minutes. So since then, I have kept the phone connected to the charger (and it carried on to buzz twice every few minutes). I tried to turn the phone on yesterday morning by long pressing the button on the top of the phone but it would not turn on at all.

I disconnected my phone from the charger about 2 hours ago and now it seems to have stopped buzzing.

I bought my phone from abroad so I cannot get a warranty fix in the UK.

Please kindly help if you know the the problem is and please give me some advice.
Much appreciated.