Why can't I reset my Polaroid PRO5042PR001?

A

AC Question

My Polaroid PRO5042PR001 can't remember my pattern and I can't sign in to my google account. And I can't get on the internet with it.
So I want to reset my Polaroid PRO5042PR001 but when I try it in recovery mode but it says that it reseted but it didn't.

Please how can I fix this problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean you can't sign into your Google account? You forgot your Gmail address and your Google password? If so, that's a lot of things to forget all at once. Or is the device not recognizing your correct Google credentials?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, sorry!:p I should've looked up the model myself, but I'm so used to Polaroid tablets that I had no idea they made phones as well.

So you're entering the correct Google account information, and it doesn't recognize it? If you have 2-step authentication turned on for your Google account, turn it off temporarily (which you have to do on your browser).

lolbroek1611

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I did have done that but it didn't do anything like I said "My phone have no Internet connection." So It can't update my google credentials.
I tried every thing at this point. And I am out off ideas that's why I came to this site for looking for a answer.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Do you have WiFi or a mobile data plan?

Are you able to reset your Google account password on a computer and then enter it on your phone?

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Please be aware that you might not be able to find a lot of assistance on this forum for that phone, since it's so uncommon. But we'll do what we can.

Where are you seeing Read Only? What seems to be set to Read Only?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That sounds to me like a major hardware glitch. I'm not sure how Internal Storage can be set by the user to Read Only, since it's meant to be read/write, so it must be a failure. I don't think you'll be able to recover from that, sorry!