On my walk to school yesterday my phone end up getting water damage due to rain. I'm pretty sure it got in through the headphone jack when I unplugged them, when I was still outside, my phone stayed in my pocket though. During the school today my phone rarely lit up when I pressed the buttons and when my phone did come on, the screen had a green tint and the started glitching and getting fuzzy, like an old tv. All my friend said to put it in rice, and it has been in the rice for around 30 hours. When I checked on my phone around the 24 hour mark, my phone seemed dead so I plugged it in and pushed the button to turn it on, it vibrate and the back button and other button lit up, but my actual screen won't light up. When I tilt my phone towards light I can see bubbles under my screen, almost like air bubbles under a screen protector, though I don't have a screen protector. When I called to the help line number I got with my phone they said it put it in for 24 hours, which hasn't work. I was just hoping maybe other people had other ideas of if my phone is toast.
    10-02-2015 07:49 PM
    Alas, it's a bit late now. Even if you can get it working using the rice method, it's unlikely to work for long because the damage is progressive. Read this article by Rukbat:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...e-got-wet.html

Posted via the Android Central App
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-02-2015 08:32 PM