So I just got the Alcatel One Touch Idol 3 yesterday, and it's been a great phone in terms of speed and response.
    However, I am worried about the fact that it heats up slightly, even with moderate use.
    I was also offered to get the Moto G 3rd Generation instead, and I've heard many positive things about it.

Would it be worth it to get the Moto G instead, or should I just stick with the Alcatel?
    The Moto G is around $50 cheaper compared to the Alcatel where I live.
    10-03-2015 08:27 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I probably would have suggested the G to begin with. Can you get them exchanged?
    10-03-2015 08:32 AM
    Yeah, I was planning on getting the Moto G 3rd Gen, but the salesperson told me to go with the Alcatel, so I decided to try it out.
    I have 13 days left for the buyer's remorse, where I can cancel the plan and change it.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of both the Moto G and the Alcatel? I want to compare them a bit more before I make the change.
    Also, if I exchange it for the Moto G, why is it better?
    Thanks!
    10-03-2015 08:49 AM
    Take a look at this thread and the links included.

Moto G vs. Alcatel Idol 3?

I personally will go for the Moto G. By the way, which Idol model are you using?
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    10-03-2015 08:58 AM
    I have the 5.5" 16gb version, with Virgin Mobile.
    I'm unsure if I want to make the switch because I've heard that the Moto G's resolution isn't too good.
    However, do the pros of getting it outnumber the cons?
    10-03-2015 08:59 AM
    Also, if I exchange it for the Moto G, why is it better?
    I was merely sharing personal preference. The $50 savings added was another reason.

Jerry Hildenbrand did a comparison between the 2: Head to head: The Alcatel Idol 3 and the Moto G 2015 | Android Central
    Javier P and Wolfzen like this.
    10-03-2015 09:14 AM
    Then why do you prefer the Moto G?
    I also see that Jerry Hildenbrand didn't mention any heat; is it just an irregularity on my part?
    10-03-2015 09:21 AM
    Heat could depend on your personal use and configuration. Heavy background process, mobile data with weak signal, frequent sync, etc. Check your battery stats to see which apps show up with a higher percentage.

Using the 5.5" model your first decision should be about size. Which one you feel more comfortable with?
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    10-03-2015 09:34 AM
    Then why do you prefer the Moto G?
    I liked Moto's software optimization when I had the 2013 X. Between that, the near vanilla Android feel, and my opinion the better processor of the two, those are the reasons I say the G over the Alcatel.
    10-03-2015 09:41 AM
    I am much more accustomed to smaller phones, though the Idol doesn't feel too big.
    Since it's on a two year contract though, I was thinking the Idol might be more future proof.
    Also, if I rooted and put Cyanogen Mod on the Idol, would it benefit or affect me negatively?
    10-03-2015 09:42 AM
    I am much more accustomed to smaller phones, though the Idol doesn't feel too big.
    Since it's on a two year contract though, I was thinking the Idol might be more future proof.
    Also, if I rooted and put Cyanogen Mod on the Idol, would it benefit or affect me negatively?
    I'm not too familiar with how Alcatel does the OS, so it's tough for me to say. Depending on how many OS features are in the stock Idol ROM, it might be a wash.
    10-03-2015 10:39 PM
    So I just replaced the phone I had before, same model and all.
    The heat issue seems to have been resolved, but I'm still not sure if I want to keep the Idol 3 over the Moto G.
    As far as I can tell, the Moto G seems to be smoother, but I'm not sure if that's worth more than the Idol.
    I also forgot to mention that in my region, only the Moto G 2015 with 8 GB internal space and 1 GB RAM is available.
    10-04-2015 11:55 AM
    That's a tough decision then. Depending on your use 8gb can be a bit claustrophobic The SD card gives some extra room but just for your media files.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    10-04-2015 12:41 PM
    Yeah....
    I have 11 days left to decide whether or not I want to switch to the Moto G.
    So far the Alcatel Idol 3 is actually pretty good, but I have no idea how it compares to the Moto G.
    Do you have any idea on the overall enjoyment of both devices?
    10-05-2015 08:16 PM