Hi everyone! Please forgive me if this question has been answered numerous times! My husband has a Samsung Galaxy S5 and it was started going absolutely crazy lately. He called ATT yesterday to see about getting a different phone. Instead, the representative did a system update (I think) on his phone. She assured him 3 times his contacts (he's a pilot, so he NEEDS all his numbers) would be stored and would be reloaded onto the phone. Of course the contacts are gone. Is there anything we can do to retrieve them? I have no experience with these phones so I'm drawing a blank! Thanks!
    10-03-2015 12:23 PM
    Dying factory wipe doesn't help. And the sync command is not the google sync its a Linux command called sync. Lastly while it doesn't matter in this case, system partition is mtdblock4 not 3
    Welcome to the forums!

If they weren't synced to Gmail and the rep didn't move them over, they are gone.

You can go into contacts and settings and display all contacts, phone and SIM and see if you see them.

Also when you find them or set them up again, I would suggest syncing them with the Google account. That way they pull over to any new phone you get and they are also visible on your computer when logged into your Gmail account.
    10-03-2015 12:56 PM