Moto G 3rd Gen (1GB Version) or Xperia M4 Aqua

mattyk69

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking for a new phone and I am conflicted between the Moto G 3rd Gen (1GB Model) and the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua. Both are the same price and the Xperia is much more powerful but I have read online that the phone heats up fairly quickly from simple tasks such as a few minutes of web browsing or listening to music. The heat issue is really the only thing stopping me from getting the Xperia, does the phone really heat up to a dangerous level? Does the Moto G have a heat issue? Is it worth buying the less powerful phone simply because of this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't have details about CPU temps, but I would suggest that from a support standpoint, it might be better to go with Motorola. What I've observed from Sony over the past few years is that they introduce a phone with impressive hardware, then proceed to forget about it maybe a year later (especially if it isn't one of their flagships). The tenuous nature of their mobile business also worries me a bit--many people were speculating a little while ago that Sony would just leave the space, but then they asserted that they were going to continue (despite losing money).

Although there has been a bit of an uproar recently about Motorola ditching support for some of its prominent phones from as recently as 2014, I would still trust them more with more prolonged support.

mattyk69

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
The phone would be a 2year contract so it is probably better going with Motorola if this is the case, I am new to Andorid but I have read that the Motorola will be getting Android 6.0 at some point, I imagine this would future proof the device for some time?