Unfortunately Google play services has stopped

A

AC Question

I have 2 phones, the one that is having problems is my cheap work phone, a cheap straight talk LG Model LGL15G

I'm constantly getting 2 popups, one saying

"Unfortunately Google play services have stopped working"

and another that says

"unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gaps has stopped"

I've tried everything I could think of. I've tried deleting updates and uninstalling things. I'm not able to delete the updates on Google play services because it's grayed out. I've reset the phone multiple times, my phone won't let me unistall the play store. And for some reason won't let me restore my phone to factory settings. I'm not sure what to do here to fix this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

idiot-central

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I've had this on two phones now and it is maddening, I've tried all the advice and it sometimes stops it for a day or a week but it comes back at some point like a bad smell. Before somebody says "have you tried xyz" yes I have!!!

What I want to know is not how to fix it but why the issue raises a large annoying alert that you have to acknowledge effectively stopping you using the phone if you give a damn Google Play services has stopped or not. By all means send an alert - one, not unending, and better still supress multiple alarms and have a single item into notifications.

How can I get a message to Google to do something and get some acknowledgement that it will be fixed. It doesn't matter if a third party app or anything else is causing it, the alarming system sucks.

I'm on the verge of going Apple, I've had enough.

IAmBroom

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had this on two phones now and it is maddening, I've tried all the advice and it sometimes stops it for a day or a week but it comes back at some point like a bad smell. Before somebody says "have you tried xyz" yes I have!!!

What I want to know is not how to fix it but why the issue raises a large annoying alert that you have to acknowledge effectively stopping you using the phone if you give a damn Google Play services has stopped or not. By all means send an alert - one, not unending, and better still supress multiple alarms and have a single item into notifications.

How can I get a message to Google to do something and get some acknowledgement that it will be fixed. It doesn't matter if a third party app or anything else is causing it, the alarming system sucks.

I'm on the verge of going Apple, I've had enough.

*****-central, you seem to have gotten the very wrong impression that you're on a Google forum, sponsored and run by Android developers. Instead, you are insulting ("*****-Central") people who are just like you - they bought Android phones or tablets, and are trying to use them. If you want to ***** at Google, go somewhere else. And it's not our job to tell you where.

IAmBroom

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Juan, what FINALLY worked for me was to install Cyanogenmod as the new operating system for my phone (Galaxy S5), ON the advice of a tech at T-Mobile (my phone company). That didn't work, so I went back, and he talked me through my mistakes: I didn't carefully download the latest versions of all software. IIRC, I needed ADB to install the OS, maybe some bootloader to load the OS, and of course Cyanogenmod. Think of ADB as a sort of File Manager that can talk to your phone when it won't otherwise boot. The bootloader is sorta the booting instructions, like GRUB on Linux or MBR on Windows (I might be wrong about this, but that's what it seems like to me). Cyanogenmod is like installing Linux on what had been a Windows computer...

Here's one guide to the process:
How To Install CyanogenMod On Your Android Device

Best of luck.

Nope Noway

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
I also have an LGL16C, and have been having a problem with this message popping up at regular intervals. I have done everything I have seen ppl on here suggest to try to fix the issue with no luck. It also appeasers in safe mode.. Please any help to get rid of this would be very appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech