Samsung Galaxy S5 - My videos don't play sound

A

AC Question

Hello all,

I have a galaxy S5 and today I took several videos. I noticed that I have sound on only one of them. I transferred the videos on the PC, still the same problem. Only one video has sound.
Is it possible to record a video with a mute option? Is there any chance to recover my audio tracks?

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are they absolutely silent, or are there any muffled sounds? It's possible that the microphones could have been blocked while taking the video.

Also, were the videos saved to Internal Storage or the microSD card? If the latter, it's possible the card is corrupt. See what happens if you save to Internal Storage.

Charlotte38

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

The videos are absolutely silent, like muted.

Videos are indeed saved on a microSD card but I have videos on the same card that have sound. Basically all the videos I am taking know have sound, no matter where they are saved.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does the sound ever cut in and out on any of these videos? You'd have to watch the videos in their entirety to know for sure. Also, do people ever have trouble hearing you if you use speakerphone? That would suggest a faulty mic.

Spagman72

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
In many Samsung phones there are 2 microphones.

The top (of the phone) one is used when video recording, the bottom one for recording audio / phone calls etc.

Could it be that the top mic is at fault?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000