I repair computers so when a friend had a problem with his new Galaxy Note 3 he came to me to see if I could help him. I'm not a phone repair man but I told him I'd see what I can find out. He said he bought the Galaxy Note 3 off Craigslist. It ran for about 2 hours and then fried his SIM Card. He didn't think much about it and bought another one and installed it. About 2 hours later the SIM Card fried.

He uses AT&T so he called them to see if they could help. He was told the phone was probably stolen and they couldn't help him, but told him maybe if he knows a guy... That's all they said. It seems to me they could look up the phones information and 'know' if it's stolen. This doesn't make any sense to me. I don't know of and have never heard of anything that will do this if the phone is stolen. He said he tried to call the guy he bought it from but couldn't get in touch with him. Big surprise.

My thought is there is something wrong with the hardware that is causing the SIM Card to keep frying. Am I wrong? Is there actually some kind of software that can do this? If not, does anyone know what could be causing this to happen? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    10-04-2015 11:35 PM