So I bought a new phone today, Xperia Z3 compact.

I was using swipe mode to unlock my phone but it suddenly started asking me the password to unlock and I can no longer select 'none' or 'swipe' cus it's grayed out, with a message saying something about administrator etc.

I downloaded Google keyboard a while ago and it asked me to set up the password for Google something, I don't quite remember but since I did that, it's been unavailable to select none or swipe.

I searched for some solutions but none worked.
    'clear credentials' is also grayed out and couldn't do anything with VPN.

It'd be so helpful if anyone could give me some possible solutions. Thanks!
    10-05-2015 06:22 PM
    I could fix it just now!
    Microsoft Outlook was set as one of the administrators and it was requiring to set up the password or PIN. That's why I couldn't select 'none' or 'swipe'. All solved now!

Thank you for your help!! X
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you happen to encrypt the phone? Or are you certain this was a brand new phone?
    10-05-2015 06:34 PM
    Thank you so much for your response.

Yeah it was a brand new phone. And I didn't do much with my phone cus it's still quite complicated for me.

And sorry I didn't log in last time when I asked this question but I'm the same person as above
    10-05-2015 07:23 PM
    Are you locked out of the phone without this password? How long ago did you buy the phone? Can you bring the phone back to the store and ask them why it's doing that? I still wonder if they sold you a used or returned phone, advertising it as brand new.
    10-05-2015 08:19 PM
    I remember my password so I can use my phone but just can't use swipe mode anymore. It wasn't a private shop, so I don't think they sell the used one. But yeah, maybe true I should bring it back to them and ask what's wrong with this.
    Thank you so much for your help!
    10-06-2015 02:06 AM
    I was looking at your other response, and wasn't sure what you meant by not being able to clear credentials with VPN. To make sure you're trying to clear the right credentials, are you at the Settings>Security​ menu? And are you trying to tap the Clear Credentials option in that menu?
    10-06-2015 02:14 AM
    Oh sorry I mixed them up. Yes I am at the settings, then security menu. But in security menu, clear credentials option is grayed out.
    10-06-2015 02:18 AM
    I could fix it just now!
    Microsoft Outlook was set as one of the administrators and it was requiring to set up the password or PIN. That's why I couldn't select 'none' or 'swipe'. All solved now!

Thank you for your help!! X
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-06-2015 07:34 AM