Lollipop not secure when screen locked?

A

AC Question

I can not find a way to remove the camera widget from the Lillipop screenlock.

When I want my devices locked, I want no functionality at all. It is a security risk to allow the camera to operate on starting up or when the screenlock is enabled. Devices are routinely taken as evidence, and the owner is automatically assumed to be responsible for the content. Say my daughter leaves her phone unattended for a moment. When she does pick it up, there is absolutely no telling what might now be in the picture gallery. Another example; while viewing gallery pictures with a co-worker, you both stumble across sensitive images of a personal or business nature. Unless you can reasonably control access to your devices through software, they are huge liability. It is only a function of time before someone gets wrongfully fired or put behind bars for this kind of negligent OS vulnerability. I don't know if Google is ignorant, arrogant, or just plain stupid.

Has any one found a method on lollipop to take all widgets, including the camera off the lockscreen?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Which phone do you have? As far as I know in most phones running Lollipop there's not an easy way to remove the camera widget from the lock screen. Sorry. Just one thing. The whole gallery can't be accessed from this lock screen widget, only the photos that were taken while the the phone was still unlocked.

cliffgi

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Actually, it is not a phone at all, rather a new Lenovo Tab A10-70 tablet. I understand that this problem is a Lollipop issue independent of a particular device. I was running 4.4.2 but regrettably took the device's advertised 'upgrade' to 5.0. I realize that the hole gallery is not available from the lockscreen, but any pictures taken while locked wind up in the gallery without authentication. This is my beef. Anyone who gets their hands on a Lollipop device and put on the phone what ever pics they please. The owner would them have to view to discover and then delete. This is poor programmatic control and I want to remove the phone widget from the lockscreen altogether. This king of control, or lack of it, is why I left the Apple line. My mistake to think that android would be any different.