Hi there, I purchased a a Huawei Y550 (second hand) at the weekend, as I really needed a new phone, but I couldn't afford much of what I could find. This was the best deal I could find, so I went ahead and got it.
    However, it's internal 4gb (more like 2 after all the default stuff is accounted for) is lacking quite a bit. So I thought I'd use my micro sd (32gb) as that should be more than enough. Only issue is, the phone doesn't like it, but I don't know why.
    When I put it in, after no more than a minute I get the message
    "Removed SD card
    SD card removed. Insert a new one"

I know the SD card works, as I say, it accepts it for a minute, and then rejects the card; I see it in the settings>storage breakdown of what's using how much memory (it says SD card 31.96gb) and then removes itself even though I have done NOTHING; Not moved the phone, (dis)connected USB cable, touched any buttons, etc.

Anyone know any way to fix this?

P.s. The phone is second hand, but the shop I got the phone from makes sure all phones work, and would be in a condition where they'd be under warranty if new.
    10-09-2015 07:14 AM
    It could be hardware or software, difficult to say.
    The real problem here is the internal storage.
    It won't be long before it stops loading new apps or downloading updates to existing apps.

Coming back to the issue at hand, if you tested the SD card on another device and it worked. Take the phone back to that shop and let them know about the problem.
    They might give you a discount on a another phone with more storage or exchange that one for another that accepts your SD card.
    10-09-2015 07:32 AM