Hello. I have a Moto E with Android 4.4.4.
    I usually take my notes with Simple Notepad 1.8.5, and I have noticed that although it allows to change the UI language from English to Spanish, it does not let me write the notes in Spanish - well, it does, but not with the special characters such as accented vowels or the 'ñ' letter.
    Is there a way to change the text language, or does it work only in English?

Thanks for an answer
    10-10-2015 12:50 PM
    If you're using the Google keyboard you need to add Spanish in settings - language & input - Google keyboard - languages and then switch between them with the space bar.

If you write in both languages regularly you could try SwiftKey. You don't need to change the language for the auto correction to work.
    JLML likes this.
    10-10-2015 12:59 PM
    Thanks for your answer, Javier. I DO have Spanish for the Google keyboard. I've just realized I CAN use accented vowels and so on when I write text with Simple Notepad; the problem is when I download text files using Dropbox, text files created in my desktop computer.
    10-10-2015 01:40 PM
    That's a tricky one So, you can write in Spanish in the Simple Notepad but the special characters get lost when you sync through Dropbox? Have you tried sharing those notes with a different app?

I've checked that Note app and it seems that it doesn't include a sync option, only through your cloud storage. Maybe you could try a different app. I use Google docs and Evernote. Even Keep will do. Much better using an app that let you sync between different platforms with no need for a third cloud storage.
    JLML likes this.
    10-10-2015 02:35 PM
    Good idea. I agree with you, it's much better to do without the cloud... I'll try your suggestions.

Thanks again!
    Javier P likes this.
    10-10-2015 02:51 PM