My Galaxy S3 began a couple of weeks ago to act very strange. I usually charge my phone during the night and uses it as my alarm clock in the morning. Suddenly this doesn't work anymore. When I charge during the nigth my phone freezes and the alarm doesn't go in the morning. The green light indicating, that charge has completed is lid, so the phone is not shut down. I am not able to turn on the screen, in this state. I will need to shut down the phone by holding the poweer button down a few secs. After that I can turn it on at all works again like expected.
    I have switched the battery to a new one and I have done a total reset of my phone, but problem still persists. Any ideas what to do next, to get rid of this annoying problem?
    10-12-2015 09:44 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10248

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.
    10-12-2015 11:45 AM
    Thank you very much for your quick reply.
    Unfortunately the safe mode did not solve the problem.
    Next step is to replace the firmware or what?
    Does a root update the firmware or is a firmware update a separate step, that must be taken?

Thanks in advance
    10-14-2015 10:22 AM
    You can try reinstalling the firmware using Samsung Kies. If it's the same firmware, I think it doesn't wipe the phone, but you should backup all of your data just in case.
    10-14-2015 11:21 AM