Why can't I add laptop as trusted device via bluetooth?

MartinTUK

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello forum,

I have just bought a new laptop. I just tried to connect up my phone to it using bluetooth.

They can find each other, they can pair up. I can even send files from my laptop to my phone. However, I cannot send anything from my phone. My phone can still link with my 'Parrot' device in my car. I have unpaired, rebooted and re-paired many times now. I have even tried different approaches to the pairing method.

I do get a message asking to add to trusted device, but I do not get the option to 'confirm' only cancel. When I try to do this manually via security settings, I can see the laptop, but i cannot highlight it for adding.

Any ideas on what I missed? I have checked various websites now, and tried all I can see. I think the issue is with my phone, but I may be mistaken...

-Also, I have found a 'backdoor' approach, where you right-click on the BT icon in the tray. It offers a 'receive file' option. It may be a security option, but I'd like to have the choice of setting my phone to send files as 'automatic', rather than: preparing to receive, preparing to send, sending, receiving, sent and received. Makes it all a tad long winded....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair