Moto X Style feels hot

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi there first post to the forums so please be kind! I have recently bought a Moto X Style from the Moto Maker site with a bamboo back.

This is this first phone I have ever had where heating up is an issue. Now the phone has never shut down or locked up but boy has it got hot at times. Basically anything that uses the GPU will do it it or even long screen on. I recently used it at a swimming baths in the spectators area and played a game called Honorbound that I have played for a long time. I seriously was worried my battery would ignite or something. The dimple on the back was so hot it was uncomfortable to touch and you could feel the heat through the screen even. I put that one down to playing a game in a warm possibly humid environment and thought OK never try that again..

Yet it is still noticeable even at normal room temperature in not warm UK. Nothing like that horrible heat but still a vague warmth through the screen and the back of the wood. Something I have never had on any smartphone I have owned apart from running VR on Oneplus One for 45 mins. I feel concerned about even trying it on this phone.

I've read bits on XDA and some have returned their phones others not. Apart from an audio glitch with some notifications crackling rather than popping/dinging ( which after reading sounds like a firmware update may solve ) it's a great phone.

I phoned Moto about the audio issue and it was a horrible experience. The usual "Hey just factory reset your phone even though you spent hours setting it up before we'll even consider helping you!" speech.

Soo... is this not that odd? When should I be worried? What would you do?

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. :)

Try a Factory Reset - you'll have to do that anyway if the phone is to be returned - and see whether that fixes it. If it does, good, but I'm guessing that it probably won't, in which case, return it for a replacement.
If you want advice about backing up your personal data before a Factory Reset, let us know.

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi and thank you for the reply. Given that this is a new device why would a factory reset help heating issues? I'm just curious what it might possibly clear up.

Yes I would be curious to know what would make the wiping and re-installing as painless as possible. I'm signed into all the Google back ups.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to ask again as I only got one response. Really is weird feeling heat against my finger tip when using it for a while ( not on quick charge, I know this makes the phones hot )

Is factory reset and fingers crossed the way forwards?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane