I'm using an aux-cable in my car to transfer music from Spotify to my cars stereo. When playing music I have to adjust the media volume to max in order it to work properly.

Now every time when I disconnect the phone from the car the volume goes back to the "normal" max (the point where it turns from green to red). This is really stupid as I have to keep adjusting the volume from the knobs many times every day...

Any solutions so that the phone would remember the setting?
    10-12-2015 12:59 PM
    You could try a different cable or maybe your car's port isn't acting like a proper AUX input.

Here's what could be happening: Your phone actually tells the difference between headphones and AUX input. When the phone detects headphones, the safety limits apply and it will always do what you are describing to prevent you from blowing up your ears with loud noises. If the input is detected as AUX, it will default to that level first but if you set it to the MAX level, it should (in theory) remember that last state next time you connect it, provided you don't plug in any headphones or AUX lines again.

Why could the cable be a part of this? Long or cheap cables might have different impedance and that can 'trick' your phone into thinking that it's something else that's being plugged in.
    10-12-2015 01:20 PM
    I did use the same cable with my previous phone (HTC) with no problems... If using Bluetooth this shouldn't happen, right?
    10-12-2015 02:32 PM
    Correct, if using Bluetooth it would remember the last used level (UNLESS your car has the BT profile set as Headphones and not as Audio Input). Also bear in mind that every time you restart your phone, the Max Volume warning for your BT device would pop up (to allow you to go from the 'green' section to the 'red' level); this, however, should only pop up once per reboot.
    10-12-2015 03:11 PM