Thinking of (reluctantly) making the switch to Android from BlackBerry. Have a couple of questions, though, before making the jump.

1) This is probably very elementary, but - Do text messages "follow" the phone number, or do they stay on the device? I need to be able to transfer present messages and photos to a new device.

2) I REALLY like the BB10 "hub". Are there good Android apps that will mimic the hub? (i.e., all messages grouped together, etc.)

3) Can information from BB's "remember" app be EASILY transferred to another app? (Never was successful in side-loading apps onto BB10, which is why I've got to consider the switch.)

I've been a loyal 'Berry fan and user for over a decade. I hate to make the switch, but I may not have a choice. Thanks for any help in making the transition a little easier!
    10-12-2015 11:29 PM
    Have you considered the new BlackBerry Priv? It's an Android device made by BlackBerry.
    10-12-2015 11:31 PM
    Laura,
    Thanks for the reply. I would consider the Priv, except for not knowing for sure when it will be released (been down that road too many times), if I would be able to access the now-needed apps on a "hybrid", and just as important - I HATE sliders. Right now, I'm being pulled, kicking and screaming, from my z10 toward one of the Samsungs. But would really, really like it to be as painless as possible. Learning a whole new system will be hard enough. I'm hoping that current messages, photos, and info will be able to transfer to whatever device I finally pick.

Thanks for any help or insight you could give...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-13-2015 12:41 AM
    Laura,
    Thanks for the reply. I would consider the Priv, except for not knowing for sure when it will be released (been down that road too many times), if I would be able to access the now-needed apps on a "hybrid", and just as important - I HATE sliders. Right now, I'm being pulled, kicking and screaming, from my z10 toward one of the Samsungs. But would really, really like it to be as painless as possible. Learning a whole new system will be hard enough. I'm hoping that current messages, photos, and info will be able to transfer to whatever device I finally pick.

Thanks for any help or insight you could give...
    I never used BB10. My last BlackBerry device was the 9700, so unfortunately I cannot offer any further assistance. Hopefully, there will be other folks who are more familiar with BB10 and will be able to help you.
    10-13-2015 12:57 AM