My battery is dying extremely quick

A

AC Question

I just got my Samsung Galaxy s6 a week ago and it's absolutely beautiful! I used to have an iPhone 4 an I wanted to die and my new phone is extremely fast. There is only one problem the battery life dies like crazy! It only lasts 3 hours and if I'm using apps only 2 hours and I keep my phone on power saving! I looked at the battery on settings and it says a crazy amount like 10 hours! I looked at tips and they don't help either like turning off Bluetooth mobile data and GPS but nothing works. Also I got my phone on ebay but it stated it was braND new in the box and it was and I found no other problems then this so I don't think they sold it for this reason. Any ideas would help thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Who sold you the phone? Was it an individual, or a store with a lot of positive reviews? Be prepared to contact the seller and ask for an exchange or refund.

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks B. Diddy for your reply (I couldn't reply with no account so I made one) and right now I'm charging the phone and just wanted to let you know it was a store on ebay selling multiple s6's for $430 and claimed that they were even still in the box (which they were and all stamps stickers etc were on there) and that it was returnable. But I truly believe that this wasn't a scam and I think it's just my phone. Thank you for your reply and I'll get back to you when I'm done the tests.

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I finally have all the pictures but when I asked charging it to 100% yesterday I've noticed a HUGE difference in battery life it nowas lasts 6-7 hours so maybe I was just impatient and the battery will improve over the next couple of days. Anyway I don't know how to send pictures from this website so should you give me your phone number and I text you them? Or is there an easier way? Thanks for your help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to attach an image in a reply to this thread. Or does it not let you? What happens if you click on the Attach Image button? Use the desktop browser website, not the app.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It did. :)

Excuse me for butting in here, but could you repeat the process and include two more things next time: the expanded battery graph, which may become visible when you touch the (yellow as it is here) battery graph; and the Screen-on time, which you find by touching 'Screen' in the usage stats. Both those are needed as well as the other stats for a proper diagnosis.

We're getting there! :)

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it would be good to see all of that information at once, as mentioned in that list in my first response to you. If your phone doesn't give you the fullscreen battery graph with a cell signal strength indicator, then install an app like GSam Battery Monitor, which does give you that information. Also, besides tapping the Screen category to show us the total screen-on time, also tap the Cell Standby category to see how much Time Without Signal there is (which can also drain battery).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you really get >7 hrs on one charge? That's pretty impressive. Or as belodion asked, did you actually charge up at some point during this process?

I also don't quite understand the Phone Signal graph. It looks like it was only on for a split second. Had the phone been on for a whole charge, without Airplane Mode being turned on?

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the late response,while I was using my phone for the tests I noticed A HUGE difference but after I was done the tests it went back to being bad battery life. Although its gotten better than when I originally posted about this I know it's not up to its full potential. For the phone signal graph I usually keep my data off because my data plan is very low and I don't want to accidentally go over (even though my phone has a option to shut off data when it reaches the max amount of data) but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Hopefully that helps and you can continue helping me with this issue.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the late response,while I was using my phone for the tests I noticed A HUGE difference but after I was done the tests it went back to being bad battery life. Although its gotten better than when I originally posted about this I know it's not up to its full potential. For the phone signal graph I usually keep my data off because my data plan is very low and I don't want to accidentally go over (even though my phone has a option to shut off data when it reaches the max amount of data) but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Hopefully that helps and you can continue helping me with this issue.

We really need screenshots after a regular full day of use. That is the only way we can tell anything at all.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Kelly Kearns. Also, turning off your mobile data shouldn't affect the overall mobile network signal, assuming you're not turning Airplane Mode on. Mobile network signal also includes the cell signal for voice, so if that's bad as well, it can contribute to battery drain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan