when we are saving contacts in Favourites in Samsung Note 4 the Contacts are not organized alphabetically how do we achieve that
    10-14-2015 09:41 AM
    When you are doing your edits make sure that you do a drop down menu to input the name. It will have prefix, first name, middle name, last name suffx. Put the proper name in the right location. The other thing I do is if say I know someone by their maiden name I will put the maiden name with their married name in the last name so they sort into the area where I think of them first. Have some friends who have remarried and my first thoughts of them are with the "old" name so I use both in the last name slot.
    After you input your names, on the contacts home page, select menu (the 3 dots on the right side of the screen), choose settings, contacts, sort by & it will let you choose last name or first name. & if you want to chose how to display the names it will let you choose that also. Do you prefer to have it show Jane Smith or Smith, Jane on the screen?
    In the past if I have problems and wanted to have my contacts show a certain way I would put numbers in front of the first or last name. IE
    if I wanted Jane Smith to be first on the list, since I sort by last name I would put in my contacts: First name Jane, Last name 1Smith
    and then she would sort in 1st position while Joe 2 Plack would sort into 2nd position. I am messing with the last name to make it sort in the manner I want it to. If you are really fussy about the way things look that could drive you crazy on the display screens but it works. The other option instead of numbers is to put a 1st position: A Smith: 2nd position: AA Plack & AAA 3rd position.
    12-28-2015 04:56 PM