Hello guys,
    Today I've encountered an unusual problem: after an ordinary surfing with my Moto G (1st gen, Android 5.0.1), little ads started appearing on my screen in range of 5-6 mins, even when all the apps were closed. The adds are generally aligned around the top of the screen, having option to close the pop-up and to opt out from the ads. When I clicked on the opt-out option, it led me to an website, owned by Tapcore, a start-up that helps developers earning from their apps even when downloaded from non-official sources. That's interesting, because I haven't downloaded any apps from places different than Google Play.
    Anyways, I tried to find the source app of the problem, but it seems undiscoverable since I closed all running apps and left only built-in ones.
    Also, I tried scanning my device with two or three different apps, but none of them seemed helping me. Nonetheless, they stated that the condition of my phone is good.
    Please, if you have experienced something like that, leave your comment below. Thank you in advance!
    10-15-2015 06:40 PM
    Hi, do you have by any chance an app called Premium Wallpapers HD installed?
    If yes, get rid of it now as that is the culprit. Same thing happened to my wife yesterday and I spent hours searching for the solution. The app was sitting on her phone for more than a year and caused no issue but apparently, the developers have decided it was time to make some money and triggered the malware via silent update. I have already reported the app to Google, hopefully they will remove it from Play Store soon.
    blackbull7 likes this.
    10-16-2015 03:28 AM
    I had the same problem with another application. I solve it by opt out. There is a small button at the right-bottom of the banner. On the website I chose to download the app then i run it and click "yes". After a some time ads disappeared.
    10-16-2015 10:22 AM
    Hi, do you have by any chance an app called Premium Wallpapers HD installed?
    If yes, get rid of it now as that is the culprit. Same thing happened to my wife yesterday and I spent hours searching for the solution. The app was sitting on her phone for more than a year and caused no issue but apparently, the developers have decided it was time to make some money and triggered the malware via silent update. I have already reported the app to Google, hopefully they will remove it from Play Store soon.
    Hi, the author here.
    Thank you very much, I had right that app installed on my phone but it was there for so much time and I had no problems with it since the day before yesterday. I removed it and the adds disappeared. I will also report it in Google Play.
    Thank you for your reply once again!
    10-16-2015 10:30 AM
    I had the same problem with another application. I solve it by opt out. There is a small button at the right-bottom of the banner. On the website I chose to download the app then i run it and click "yes". After a some time ads disappeared.
    Hello, the author here.
    I noticed the option, but I didn't wanted to download any software from that page, because it definitely seemed uncertain.
    Anyways, I got rid of the ads after deleting an app that had the malware script in it.
    Thank you very much for your time!
    10-16-2015 10:39 AM
    Cross Posted from different topic=================
    I have a similar problem on my Nexus 7 AOS 5.1.1 (after scanning this board, I find that different models of Android have the same problem - but this is the first one topic I saw). Seems to have started with AOS 5??

Random ads pop up between program launches/calls. If a program calls another program, or does some type of calling routine, the ad launches.
    This is NOT related to any single program or browser, and does not launch every time (seems some time of time factor that controls it.)
    A simple touch of the 'back' button and it closes, no reason to wait.

Is there some time of system logger app that will keep track of system call action? This would help to find the called/calling program.
    A new problem has just started. Nexus 7 keeps rebooting it self (I have not localized the problem yet - too new) Seems to have something to do with streaming media - not sure yet.

Any ideas before I do a complete system reset. Rather not since some apps were installed on a limited time trial and can not be reinstalled. (app of the day - maybe the problem came from this app??)
    System Reset would be a Royal Pain!!!
    All my apps (but one) came from Google Play, and that one I know is clean.

W.
    11-05-2015 08:27 PM
    I've seen this exact same message posted as a reply to this issue in several places online.

Sure, the developer who put the malware on our phones wants us to put even more garbage on, and give them our IMEI and SN numbers... that's safe !
    03-23-2016 11:38 PM