[Black Screen] S3 neo read please

Stevan Mihalic

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have an S3 neo, it's 6 months old. About 2 months ago i started checking in this forums, and then i flashed cm12, and started adding custom roms to my phone. Everything was well, phone was working fine, and so on.

One morning i woke up and my phone went off, and when i turn it on, it's black screen. I restarted few times, took out memory card, and poof it worked. Was all good.

I left it like that and next morning it happened again. And since then i tried all the ways, like take out battery, hold power button 1 min then try to turn it on after few minutes, and so on. Nothing worked. Pulling out memmory card or sim card didn't work either. It's like this for almost 2 weeks i can't use the phone.
I cant get in download mode or custom recovery i i don't know why it won't react on that. It turns on each time like normally, led notifiaction works, the lights on home and back button works, only screen is black. I can unlock it, and such things but cant see anything.

I even succesfully did a factory reset over play store from pc, but that didn't help either..

Biggest problem is that its under warranty but since custom rom i can't take it to service unless i have money to pay... which i dont

I have NEVER DROPPED it, it was never in water, and so on. Doesn't have a scratch at all.

It even has sound, and everything. Just freaking black screen ....

My phone turns on when i click home + volume down + power button. I hear sound, blue led notification and so on.......

But when turned on, when i connect to usb odin recognizes it, says connected, and when i try to install the rom i it takes really long and on the end i get fail..*attached the screenshot of fail) I guess because its not in download mode. Any other suggestions how i could get in download mode more?

Remove battery, hold power button for 1-2 mins, let phone for few mins and turn it on. didn't work
I tried with adb,but usb debugging not on so cmd cant find my device

So what i am asking is if anyone here knows how to remove custom rom and custom recovery over pc,is it possible, without the screen? Any way to do it so i can get warranty back ? All i need is a freaking stock rom and stock recovery and a binary reset i guess. Just freaking would need screen to work for 5 mins eh....

If anyone has any ideas please post them, thanks..

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is to try JTAg device that will force a ROM onto your phone. I have never tried these before, so I am not sure how well they work.

From my LG G4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Although it seemed that pulling the SD card seemed to temporarily fix the problem at first, that may have been a coincidence. It may just be that the screen failed. You may want to try getting the screen replaced (or perhaps, just having the phone opened up and checking the screen connections).

Stevan Mihalic

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Yeah but the problem is that my phoone is rooted so i lost my warranty. Kind of dont want to pay a lot of money for replacement if there is a way to unroot the phone somehow so i get my warranty back... There must be a way
Tried to turn phone on off like 1000 times now and pulling out sd card,sim card, etc, nothing works now.....