Hi, Can anyone let me know how I might get the contacts off my phone.

The screen is frozen on Galaxy S3 home screen.

I have got to the boot menu and backed up to the SD memory card but all the files in the back up make no sense to me apart from the obvious ones.

Would anybody be able to direct me to the file that may contain my contacts anf possibly how the convert this file and view the contacts.

Thank you
    10-16-2015 05:29 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Where is the phone getting frozen? Does it just freeze on the boot screen?

Accessing your locally saved contacts would be very difficult, because they're saved in a SQLite database on a system directory. It's not a file that you'd be able to access unless the phone were rooted, which I assume it isn't, and which you wouldn't be able to do anyway since it's not booting properly.

For future reference, this is why I strongly recommend saving your contacts to your Google account, not the local Phone account or SIM card. Saving to your Google account means that they get synced automatically to the cloud, protecting them immediately from any phone mishap. Local Phone account contacts don't sync anywhere automatically, and if the phone fails or is lost, then those contacts are gone as well.
    10-16-2015 07:18 PM