I purchased a Galaxy Note 3 about a year ago. I cracked the screen badly and since I'm due for an upgrade anyway, I decided to try and replace the glass myself. Long story short i didn't heat the adhesive enough and when the glass was separating from the digitizer(hope my terminology is correct), it (the digitizer) cracked badly. Now the screen doesn't work and i can't operate the phone, but want to save the setup i had, my photos and files, etc to my laptop (2015 macbook air). Would a backup like this be possible without being able to use the screen on my phone? If so, how? As a bonus question, what phone should i upgrade to? A few nexus models I've seen look pretty attractive... Anyway, thanks for any responses!
    10-16-2015 05:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If the phone actually turns on, then try this method: A quick guide to accessing a locked phone with a cracked screen. However, you would only be able to access discrete files (like photos, music files, videos, etc.). You wouldn't be able to copy contacts, text messages, or apps and their data this way.
    srkmagnus, Raptor007 and OrganBoy like this.
    10-16-2015 07:13 PM
    What note 3 model is it?
    10-16-2015 08:00 PM
    Thank you for the response; the guide seems very doable as my situation is almost identical to the one in the post. And all I really wanted to recover were my pictures so this works out well! Unfortunately I have additional security locks on my gallery, but it seems like I'll be able to use the same process to bypass that. Thank you both for the help and the welcoming!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-17-2015 01:32 PM